Self Load & Unload Removals: Perfect for Interstate Removalist Requirements.
1. You Pack - 2 You Stack - 3. We move
Our Self Load / Unload Interstate Removal Service is designed for people who;
- May be on a budget and who are capable and prepared to load and unload their own shipping container.
- Want to take time loading and sort & cull as they go. We recommend auction for the disposal of surplus goods.
- Need a convenient and secure storage facility, usually on their property, rather than having to double handle their goods into and out of an expensive self storage unit.
- Need to travel round Australia/overseas, store your goods in a container give your house on rent so you have an income while on holidays travelling the world.
How self load removals works:
- We deliver a shipping container to ground level at your current home.
- You load it like a pro with instructions provided by us within three days
- We relocate it to ground level at your new home.
- You unload within 1 - 3 days, then sweep it out.
- We take the container away.
Self Load Removal Advantages:
- Cost Saving - The biggest cost for a traditional removalist is the cost of labour to load and unload. You save that cost by loading and unloading yourself. Depending on your location and the time of the year, you can save up to 50% on the price quoted by a removalist. We are available by telephone 7 days a week.
- Less Pressure - You get up to three days to load and another three days to unload. That equals much less pressure. You also have the opportunity to sort and cull as you load.
- No Worries - We co-ordinate all transport with proven top quality road, rail and sea going contractors. We also supply structurally sound certified containers so as to ensure the safe and secure transport of your goods.
- Security - Unlike removalists, no one else shares or has access to your container. You place your lock on it and you control who has access from the time it is delivered to your current home to the time it is delivered by us to your new home.
- On Going Storage - You can leave your goods in the shipping container in storage on your site or ours for as long as you like while you search for a house, build, or simply clean your new home. Additional charges apply so please discuss this option with us before you move.
Self Load Removal Disadvantages:
- Loading and Unloading - Sorry but there will be a few hours of hard work at each end of your removal. Some people choose to employ men from a local removal company to load and unload for them. The cost for two (2) removalists is usually around $100.00 + GST per hour. If you make sure that all small items are packed into cartons and all furniture is easily accessible, two removalists can generally load a 20 foot shipping container in less than half a day. The same crew would generally unload to a good level access, close to the container, in about 2-3 hours.
- Country Areas - The cost effective options to get around that is to load and unload the same day Usually we allow three hours free of charge . Some clients also choose to purchase their container and on sell it locally when they are finished with it. Shipping containers are always well sought after and usually cost more in country areas. It is therefore possible for a client to not only save the cost of recovering our container, but also to make a profit on it when they sell it later. If you are in a remote location, talk to us about possible options to make your relocation as cost effective as possible.
Things to think about when organiseing a Half Price Container Interstate Removal:
- Would you prefer to use our container(s) or would you prefer to buy and use your own?
- What size container do you need? A 20 foot shipping container will generally hold the contents of an average 3 bedroom home or a small 4 bedroom home.
- Do you have enough room to safely place the container at your house or business?
- Which way would you like the container doors to be facing when it arrives?
- Is up to three (3) days to load and the same to unload enough time for you? if not, talk to us.
- Do not forget that you will need blankets to wrap your furniture, straps to tie your goods into the container and cartons to pack the smaller items. We can advise on all of this.
- Do you want to hold on to the container for a longer period while you clean, paint or find a new home?
Due to new Government Regulations, we as a transport company are not able to arrange transit insurance on your behalf. However, cover is available, try your own insurance company or CARTS on www.removalsinsurance.com.au . Contact your current household insurer to find out whether or not they provide transit insurance under your existing policy when you move house.